This policy applies to all personal information received by EPL. Personal information means information or opinion about an identified (or reasonably identifiable) individual.
EPL’s website may contain links to third party websites, materials, products, services or activities. EPL is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of such third parties, and you should read them carefully before providing any personal information to these third parties (at your own risk).
How and what personal information is collected or received
Personal information may be collected or received from you by EPL in different forms (in hard copy, by email or other electronic communication or verbally) and in various ways, whenever you interact or transact with EPL, including:
- when you order or request to receive services from EPL, including tracking and other services available online (Digital Services);
- when you seek to provide services to EPL or transact with EPL (as a supplier, contractor, consultant, agent or other);
- when you apply for a job with EPL;
- when you submit an application, form, request or complaint to EPL;
- when you provide data or instructions to EPL;
- when you visit or use EPL’s website.
Customer Information: information you provide for the purpose or in the course of receiving services from EPL or accessing Digital Services, including your name, ABN ,postal address, email address, phone and fax number, and information related to the services provided (such as nature, time and location).
Supplier Information: information you provide for the purpose or in the course of providing services to EPL or transacting with EPL as a supplier, contractor, consultant, agent or other), including your name, ABN ,postal address, email address, phone and fax number, and information related to the services provided (such as nature, time and location).
Financial Information can include trading or financial information provided by you to establish a credit account, details of payments for services provided, billing address, bank account details, payment facility details (including information related to cheque, money orders and credit card).
Digital activity related Information: EPL may receive or collect information produced during or in relation to your activities on EPL’s website or when using EPL’s Digital Services, including the content you access or create, web pages you visit, the time, date and login information of your activities (including browser type and language), the location of the communication device and its internet protocol (IP) address (including phone number used and associated carrier).
Cookies information: When you access EPL’s website or Digital Services through any communication device, a small data file called cookie may be stored on that device. The cookie enables EPL to improve the quality of service provided to you, for example by making it easier for you to login again or by tracking your preferences and personalizing the services offered to you. You can block or remove cookies via your browser settings but that may impact on your use of the website or Digital Services.
Third Party Information: EPL may receive from third parties you interacted with or received services from information relating to your communications, activities or transactions with them. Such third parties may include service providers of EPL (contractors, agents, credit reporting agencies, recruiters) and companies related to EPL.
Job Applicants Information: information provided by job applicants or recruiters including in job applications and accompanying communications, resumes, EPL Employee Application forms and police checks done by applicants.
CCTV Footage produced by security cameras installed at EPL’s offices and warehouses.
Use and Disclosure of personal information
Personal Information received and collected by EPL may be used or disclosed, subject to any applicable law, for the following purposes (Primary Purposes):
- To verify your identity;
- To assess or process any request or application submitted by you, including a job application;
- To assess, provide, administer, manage, monitor, review or improve services you have requested to receive, are receiving or have received from EPL;
- To assess, administer, monitor, review or improve services you have agreed to provide, are providing or have provided to EPL;
- To enable third parties (in Australia and overseas) to provide to you products or services you have requested, or receive from you products or services you have agreed to provide;
- To personalize, customize or improve services or products offered to you (directly or through third parties) and your use of EPL’s website and any Digital Services;
- To provide to you from time to time offers or updates in relation to products, services or benefits that may be of interest to you (including direct marketing materials), unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive such communications;
- To market, provide, develop, maintain, monitor, measure, protect and improve EPL’s services in general;
- To handle any complaint or respond to any feedback received from you;
- To protect, defend or enforce the rights of EPL or third parties (including defending EPL against potential or existing legal claims);
- For any purpose you agree to;
- For any purpose related to the above purposes that can reasonably be expected by you.
You have no obligation to provide personal information to EPL, but if you choose not to provide certain information it may prevent, limit or affect EPL’s ability to provide services to you, receive services from you, process an application or form submitted by you or address a complaint lodged by you.
Occasionally, EPL may use or disclose your personal information to communicate to you special offers and promotions relating to products, services or benefits which EPL believes may be of interest to you. Such direct marketing communications may be verbal (by phone) or written (by email, text, or via the Digital Services). You can request EPL not so receive such communications by using any opt-out method outlined in them or by contacting EPL at any time (see Contact details at the end of this policy).
Disclosure or transfer of personal information
EPL will not use or disclose to third parties your personal information for purposes other than the Primary Purposes (or related purposes you would reasonably expect), unless you have consented to such use or disclosure, or it is permitted by law. Third parties to whom EPL may disclose personal information include, without limitation:
- Entities that are or become affiliated with EPL, such as parent or sister companies, subsidiaries or entities acquiring control of EPL or merging with EPL;
- Law enforcement, government and regulatory agencies (such as customs and quarantine agencies).
- Your authorized representatives and advisors if requested by you;
- EPL’s agents, contractors, service providers or advisors who are acting for or on behalf of EPL in Australia and overseas in connection with the Primary Purposes, including without limitation:
- Customs agents;
- Transport, storage and warehousing service providers;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- Debt collectors;
- Marketing and customer service providers;
- Providers of ICT services including servers, storage, routing and website related services;
- Recruiters; and
- Lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and professional advisors.
EPL may retain your personal information for as long as it is needed for any of the primary purposes or any other permitted purpose.
Transfer to overseas recipients
Some of the entities mentioned above which receive, use or access the personal information may be located overseas.
If required by law EPL will take reasonable steps to ensure that the receiving third parties are committed to protect personal information through applicable privacy and confidentiality obligations.
Protecting personal information
EPL is committed to the protection of personal information and has put in place various security measures (physical, electronic and procedural) to secure the personal information held by EPL and protect it from unauthorized access, disclosure or use.
While such measures reduce the risk of security breaches, no method of transmitting or storing data provides absolute or perfect protection. EPL can not guarantee that personal information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy. To the fullest extent permitted by law, EPL will not be responsible for any such unauthorized access or use or its consequences.
To protect the security and privacy of your personal information, you must safeguard any username or password you may have been assigned with in connection with accessing or using the website or Digital Services (“User Details”). You must keep such User Details strictly confidential and not allow anyone to access them and/or use them. You are fully responsible for all activities which occur under your User Details including any security breaches or privacy violations.
Please contact EPL without delay to inform it of any security concerns you have or violations you become aware of, including any unauthorised use of your User Details (see Contact details at the end of this policy).
How to access or correct personal information
You may contact us at any time and request to access or correct any personal information EPL holds about you (using the Contact details further below). EPL will need to verify your identify and may ask for further details before processing your request, and may charge you a fee to cover the reasonable administrative costs involved.
EPL may refuse your request to access or correct personal information in certain circumstances permitted by law. In such case EPL will notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal and advise you of any complaint mechanisms available. If a correction request is refused you may ask EPL to attach to the personal information a note with the requested correction details. You can also ask EPL to notify any correction made to any entity which the information has previously been disclosed to.
EPL may retain a copy of any personal information before and after any changes, updates or deletions to it for internal back up, administration, compliance, enforcement, protection and defence purposes.
Policy variation and enforcement
No failure or delay by EPL in exercising any right, power or remedy conferred by this policy will operate as a waiver of or otherwise prevent the exercise of the right, power or remedy.
Post – PO Box 621 Botany NSW 1455
Phone: (02) 9666 0100
Last updated: September 2014